The Legend of Korra Book 4 Facts and Rumor Roundup
The Final Season
Hopefully to curb any misinformation, here is everything we know about Book 4:
- Book 4 will be 13 episodes long.
- Studio Mir will animate ALL of Book 4.
- Book 4 will constitute the end of The Legend of Korra.
- Jason Isaacs (Zhao, Book 4 likely a new character), Jason Marsden (Aye-Aye, Huan), and Anne Heche (Suyin Beifong) recorded at least one scene with Kiernan Shipka (Jinora). source
- Korra will still have fight scenes. sources 1 & 2
- Korra and Katara have a scene together. source
Book 4 production progress:
- The animatic stage of production is complete. source
- The design/color stage of production is “in the home stretch.” source
- Voice recording is likely complete based on the fact that it has been ongoing since at the latest September of last year.
Unclear information / rumors:
- Book 4 is rumored to be titled Balance. This is claim is completely unfounded but possible.
- Given that Book 1 focused on Korra learning Airbending, Book 2 on the Water Tribes conflict, and Book 3 on the Earth Kindgom, it is likely Book 4 brings us to the Fire Nation and current Fire Lord, Zuko’s daughter.
- Kuvira (voiced by Zelda Williams) was name-dropped several times in the finale seemingly without purpose, as well as having a sinister musical theme play when introducing herself. For these reasons it is likely she is being set up for a bigger role in Book 4, possibly as a villain.
- Book 4 is rumored to have a January 2015 release based on the fact that this is when the Book 3 Artbook comes out, and the previous Artbooks have had releases timed approximately with the next season. Beyond this grasping-at-straws connection, January seems like a reasonable release time considering how far along production is and the fact that online distribution eliminates Nick’s scheduling issues.
- Bryke have stated that 2014 was Korra’s last big SDCC panel, meaning that Book 4 will be released before summer of next year. This further supports the Q1 2015 rumor, as well as the likelihood of us getting our first look at Book 4 at NYCC this year, October 9th-12th.
More and more Book 4 information should be coming out soon, and this post will be kept up-to-date as it happens!
I know, I KNOW I already posted these gifs earlier today BUT can we just talk about how empowering and non-degrading Steven is talking about being considered (in a sense) a woman?
He doesn’t use his comeback to say that girls are stupid, or he thinks girls are gross. He is even willing to put himself in a girl’s shoes in a positive way! And it makes sense for him to do so (at least to me from what I’ve seen of his character). Steven writes about how exciting it is to fight along side these warrior girls. Steven, who currently lacks crystal gem powers respects and admires the women around him, and wow do I really love that.
In summary: I love the Crystal Gem girls, but wow do I lovelovelove how supportive Steven is.
Korra Week (August 24th to August 30th)
Calling all Korra fans! We are excited to announce Korra Week — seven days entirely dedicated to the character Avatar Korra from the animated series The Legend of Korra! This week is for Korra fans just like you to show your love through creations including (but not limited to) gifs, edits, fanart, fanfics, videos, and much more! From August 24th to August 30th, you and other fans will have a chance to gather together, meet new friends, and have fun, all the while showing your appreciation for the Avatar of the new age.
The week has been divided into seven prompts, one for each day:
- Day 1: Alone (8/24)
- Day 2: Fierce (8/25)
- Day 3: Fear (8/26)
- Day 4: Home (8/27)
- Day 5: Growth (8/28)
- Day 6: Wisdom (8/29)
- Day 7: Triumph (8/30)
Make sure to tag your entries as either #korra week or #korraweek. For more information on Korra Week, check out our about page. If you still have questions, feel free to contact us. We’re looking forward to seeing you!